Subject: bug#68559: [PATCH] Improve Python shell completion

From: kobarity <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 00:38:52 +0900

Liu Hui wrote:
> kobarity <[email-masked]> 于2024年1月23日周二 22:15写道：
> > Thank you.  I tried the new patch and confirmed that the Python Shell
> > buffer allows keyword argument completion on multi-line function
> > calls.  However, my expectation is that it can be done in Python
> > buffer as well (after calling `python-shell-send-buffer').  Is this
> > also possible?
> Thank you for the feedback. I have updated the patch to add support in
> Python buffer.

Thank you.  It's working very nice.

I apologize for reporting in the piecemeal fashion, but I have noticed
the following differences from the current completion.

1. Module names cannot be completed in Python buffer.
2. Completion is not working in comments.

I'm not sure if the completion should work in comments, but some
people might want it because the current python-mode allows it in both
Python buffer and Python Shell buffer.