Subject: Re: bug#68559: [PATCH] Improve Python shell completion

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 15:24:04 +0100

Liu Hui [2024-03-13 18:21 +0800] wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 12:02 AM Basil L. Contovounesios
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks!  But that makes me wonder: in the cases where we check
>>
>>   (string= python-shell-readline-completer-delims "")
>>
>> is there a possibility that the variable's value will be nil?
>> (In which case we should compare with equal instead of string=.)
>
> Yes, it is a string with native completion and may be nil with
> non-native completion.

Sorry, I completely forgot that string= works on symbols too.  I was
worried that (string= nil "") would signal an error, but it actually
does what we want.

> I have updated the patch.

Thanks, pushed:

Detect the readline support for Python shell completion
a7057745f5e 2024-03-14 15:09:56 +0100
https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=a7057745f5e

Is there more left to do as part of this bug report?

-- 
Basil