Subject: Re: bug#68559: [PATCH] Improve Python shell completion

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 15:47:34 +0100

Liu Hui [2024-02-23 21:07 +0800] wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 9:56 PM Basil L. Contovounesios
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> The python-shell-completion-at-point-ipython test is still skipped, with
>> or without specifying PYTHONSTARTUP="$(python -m jedi repl)", but like
>> you suggest that's not necessarily a problem.
>
> I have no idea why the test is skipped. You may still check if native
> completion works for IPython with following steps:
>
> 1. PYTHONSTARTUP="$(python -m jedi repl)" emacs -Q

Oops:

$ PYTHONSTARTUP="$(python -m jedi repl)" ./src/emacs -Q
/home/blc/.pyenv/versions/3.12.2/bin/python: No module named jedi

Once I 'pip install jedi' the rest works as expected, and
python-shell-completion-at-point-ipython is no longer skipped.

>> I'm guessing you don't have write access to emacs.git, but have signed
>> the CA?  If so, and if there are no other comments/objections in a few
>> days, I'll apply the patch in your name.
>
> Yes, I've signed the CA. Thanks.

Done:

Fix Python shell completion test failures
8a2d013be37 2024-02-28 15:25:56 +0100
https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=8a2d013be37

>> If that was from you, do you have any objection to me mapping
>> [email-masked] to [email-masked] in the .mailmap
>> file in emacs.git?  Then all commits will show up under a single name
>> and email address.
>
> Yes. I have no objection, thanks.

Done:

; * .mailmap: Fix GitHub address (bug#68559#170).
1ddd9c8e29f 2024-02-28 15:30:41 +0100
https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=1ddd9c8e29f

Thanks,
-- 
Basil