Subject: Re: bug#68559: [PATCH] Improve Python shell completion

From: Liu Hui <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 12:46:28 +0800

On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 9:18 PM Basil L. Contovounesios
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> BTW, I have been seeing an IPython test failure on GNU/Linux:
>
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks,

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the problem with Python 3.12 and IPython 8.21. Can
you check the results with the following steps? Thanks.

1. start Python shell with IPython interpreter, i.e.
   (setq python-shell-interpreter "ipython")
   (setq python-shell-interpreter-args "-i --simple-prompt")
   M-x run-python

2. M-x python-shell-completion-native-turn-off

3. eval code in the Python shell:

    import re
    from IPython.core.completer import provisionalcompleter
    with provisionalcompleter():
        print(list(get_ipython().Completer.completions('re.split("a",
"abc", maxs', 25)))

   expected output: [<Completion start=21 end=25 text='maxsplit='
type='param', signature='?',>]

   __PYTHON_EL_get_completions('re.split("a", "abc", maxs')

   expected output: '[["maxsplit=", 21, 25, "param", ""]]'