Subject: Re: [PATCH gnome-team v5 0/8] Wrap gnome-shell-extensions with gobject-introspection in native-inputs

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 22:45:39 +0100

Le lundi 29 janvier 2024 à 21:53 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler a écrit :
> Am Montag, dem 29.01.2024 um 20:56 +0100 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
> > Dear guix,
> > 
> > I think I made a mistake. gobject-introspection should probably be
> > in native-inputs.  We only use this package so that GI_TYPELIB_PATH
> > is set up at build time.  Gjs probably has all the girepository
> > infrastructure it needs already.
> > 
> > What do you think?
> Note: if you set GI_TYPELIB_PATH at build time, you could get
> confusions between build/host libs.  It's unlikely, but you might
> want
> to make sure that your paths are sound.
Is there a solution for this? As far as I understand, GI_TYPELIB_PATH
at build time has a mix of native inputs and inputs + propagated
inputs, and we only want the latter. If I understand correctly, we
can’t use search-input-directory because it would be from only 1
package.

> Does this issue also affect the extensions already pushed?
Other shell extension wrap their code for GI_TYPELIB_PATH, by getting
the environment variable value at build time.

Vivien