Subject: [bug#68556] [PATCH gnome-team v3 0/7] [PATCH gnome-team v3 0/7] Update extensions (2/5 replaced, 2/5 no solution, 1/5 redundant)

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 01:11:06 +0100

Dear Guix,

In this V3, the Applications Menu built-in extension is fixed by installing
typelibs for gnome-menus. Since the extension requires it, I figured it should
be a propagated-input. However, it is already propagated by
gnome-desktop. Should we propagate it in both gnome-desktop and
gnome-shell-extensions?

The noannoyance extension now has an updated origin, preserving the same
package.

The paperwm extension requires to be updated for GNOME 44, see
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68574 for a candidate patch.

I still have no solution for Jiggle and Transparent Window. For the former, I
was reminded that there is a standard option to make your pointer more visible
if you press the control key, but I am not sure this is desirable as a Jiggle
replacement.

Now sound-output-device-chooser has a greatly decreased utility, since you can
choose the output device directly from the shell.

Best regards,

Vivien

Vivien Kraus (7):
  gnu: gnome-menus: Build GObject Introspection data.
  gnu: gnome-shell-extensions: Propagate gnome-menus.
  gnu: gnome-shell-extension-noannoyance: Switch to fork.
  gnu: gnome-shell-extension-topicons-redux: Deprecate.
  gnu: Remove gnome-shell-extension-jiggle.
  gnu: Remove gnome-shell-extension-transparent-window.
  gnu: Remove gnome-shell-extension-sound-output-device-chooser.

 gnu/packages/gnome-xyz.scm | 161 +++----------------------------------
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm     |  16 +++-
 2 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 153 deletions(-)

base-commit: 49897f2dde7f469c83c496fad2699d3a05f72701
-- 
2.41.0