Subject: Re: [bug#68553] [PATCH] gnu: linux-container: Inherit essential services.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 22:29:28 +0100

Hi Leo,

Leo Nikkilä <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Currently it's not possible to set `essential-services' when building
> operating systems for containers, since `container-essential-services'
> always uses the defaults.
>
> It's possible to reference `essential-services' from the operating
> system that's passed in, but since it's thunked, the operating system
> needs to be defined in two passes to avoid an infinite loop.
>
> * gnu/system/linux-container.scm (container-essential-services): Use
> operating-system-essential-services instead of the defaults to allow
> overriding the base services.
> (containerized-operating-system): Update accordingly.

I recently ran into this very problem (I wanted to build a container
image with a custom shepherd) so I’m glad you’re providing a fix.

Applied, thanks!

Ludo’.