Subject: Re: [bug#68551] [PATCH gnome-team] gnu: gnome-desktop: Propagate gnome-remote-desktop and gnome-connections.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 11:34:49 -0500

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Samstag, dem 20.01.2024 um 13:29 -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> Hi Liliana,
>> 
>> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Am Dienstag, dem 16.01.2024 um 22:32 +0100 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
>> > > * gnu/packages/gnome.scm (gnome) [propagated-inputs]: Add gnome-
>> > > connections and gnome-remote-desktop.
>> > Are these core GNOME applications?  I think we might want to have
>> > another meta-package for these + builder + whatever-else.
>> 
>> For any query about what's core and at what version, you'll want to
>> check in the GNOME releng repository [0]; there's no tag but the
>> commit history is clear about the corresponding GNOME release.  The
>> release team also snapshot such file in e.g. [1].
>> 
>> Answering the question, yes they are part of core GNOME applications.
>> 
>> [0] 
>> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/releng/-/blob/dcec695c6ae86a156656935d3e0247cb233e44bd/tools/versions-stable
>> [1]  https://ftp2.nluug.nl/windowing/gnome/teams/releng/45.0/versions
> I'm not sure, releng is that authoritative.  [2] markets devhelp as
> "developer extra", and only lists gnome-connections out of the two.
> The actual source of truth appears to be encoded in yaml files over at
> [3] and is appropriately version-tagged.

I'm not sure either, but that's what I was pointed at by GNOME devs such
as ebassi last time I ask in #gnome.  I think it's there for a good
reason, perhaps as the bill of materials used by their own GNOME image
(distribution).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim