Subject: bug#68529: 13.2.4; Fraction line color not adjusted

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:50:44 +0900

Hi Zhou,

>>>>> Zhou Renfei <[email-masked]> writes:
> When using auctex to preview latex inline math formulas, the foreground
> color of fraction line is not adjusted. I am using a dark theme, and for
> normal math formulas, the foreground color will be correctly adjusted to
> white; however, this does not work for fraction lines. E.g., in
> $\frac{a}{b}$, the letters a and b will be in white (correct), but the
> line between them will be still in black.

> There are other objects that auctex fails to adjust colors from black to
> white, e.g., the caption in a float environment, and the pseudocode in
> algorithm2e environment, and the horizontal line part of a sqrt symbol
> (in $\sqrt n$, the horizontal line above $n$ will be still black).

It seems that this is the same as bug#56889[1]. I suppose it originates
from the nature of pdflatex and ghostscript, and preview-latex can do
little with respect to this phenomenon.

As I wrote in the thread of bug#56889, one of the following workarounds
works, but only in very awkward way... :-(
(1) Turn off PDF mode by C-c C-t C-p and set `preview-image-type' to
    `dvipng'.
(2) Set `preview-pdf-color-adjust-method' to nil.

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/56889

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW