Subject: bug#68529: 13.2.4; Fraction line color not adjusted

From: Zhou Renfei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 03:16:11 +0000

When using auctex to preview latex inline math formulas, the foreground
color of fraction line is not adjusted. I am using a dark theme, and for
normal math formulas, the foreground color will be correctly adjusted to
white; however, this does not work for fraction lines. E.g., in
$\frac{a}{b}$, the letters a and b will be in white (correct), but the
line between them will be still in black.

There are other objects that auctex fails to adjust colors from black to
white, e.g., the caption in a float environment, and the pseudocode in
algorithm2e environment, and the horizontal line part of a sqrt symbol
(in $\sqrt n$, the horizontal line above $n$ will be still black).

Thank you,
Renfei

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2023-08-02
Package: 13.2.4

current state:
==============
(setq
AUCTeX-date "2024-01-08"
window-system 'w32
LaTeX-version "2e"
TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"
                  "c:/Users/orbit/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.2.4/style" "c:/Users/orbit/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" "c:/Users/orbit/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
TeX-auto-save t
TeX-parse-self t
TeX-master "main"
TeX-command-list '(("TeX"
                     "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts) %S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %(output-dir) %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run plain TeX")
                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %(o-dir) %t"
                     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                    ("Makeinfo HTML"
                     "makeinfo %(extraopts) %(o-dir) --html %t"
                     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                    ("AmSTeX"
                     "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%' %(output-dir) %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                    ("ConTeXt"
                     "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
                    ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help
                     "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %(O?aux)" TeX-run-BibTeX nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode context-mode)
                     :help "Run BibTeX")
                    ("Biber" "biber %(output-dir) %s" TeX-run-Biber nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run Biber")
                    ("Texindex" "texindex %s.??" TeX-run-command nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Texindex")
                    ("Texi2dvi" "%(PDF)texi2dvi %t" TeX-run-command nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Texi2dvi or Texi2pdf")
                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
                     "Run Viewer")
                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
                     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Generate PostScript file")
                    ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                    ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx -o %(O?pdf) %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                    ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f %(O?pdf)" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                    ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %(d-dir) %s" TeX-run-command
                     nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
                    ("Index" "makeindex %(O?idx)" TeX-run-index nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run makeindex to create index file")
                    ("upMendex" "upmendex %(O?idx)" TeX-run-index t
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run upmendex to create index file")
                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil
                     (plain-tex-mode latex-mode doctex-mode ams-tex-mode
                      texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run xindy to create index file")
                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                     :help "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                     :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil
                     t :help "Spell-check the document")
                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate files")
                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help
                     "Run an arbitrary command")
                    )
)