Subject: [bug#68524] [PATCH v2 0/2] Support root encryption and secure boot.

From: Lilah Tascheter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 03:51:38 -0600

Thank you so much Herman, that motherfucking typo was what made my old-entries
testing not work. I reworked the majority of the install-uki.scm code, and now
uefi-uki-bootloader and uefi-uki-signed-bootloader support generation rollback!
Slightly jank, but it works. On install, we pretty much just cram as many
generations into the ESP as possible. ESPs are typically small, so we can't
assume that we can fit more than one UKI, so if we can't fit every extent
generation we just exit early.

We also don't waste space on root by adding each UKI to the store anymore.
They're all generated at install time. Added slightly more documentation too.

Otherwise, fixed everything Herman pointed out!

Decided not to add a manual section on manually running /boot/install-uki.scm
though. It's more of a quirk of getting around guix's bootloader assumptions
than meant to be run that way; I don't know if it's a good idea to direct
attention to it. I mean it Works, but it's more of a quick hack.

Lilah Tascheter (2):
  gnu: bootloaders: Add uki packages.
  gnu: bootloaders: Add uefi-uki-bootloader.

 doc/guix.texi                |  45 ++++++++----
 gnu/bootloader/uki.scm       | 129 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/local.mk                 |   1 +
 gnu/packages/bootloaders.scm |  95 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 258 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/bootloader/uki.scm

base-commit: 2823253484e49391c6ba3c653a2f9e9f5e5f38ae
-- 
2.41.0