Subject: Re: [bug#68520] Missed copyright line

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 22:01:09 +0000

Hi Kaelyn

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 11:37 PM, Kaelyn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just realized that with this patch series, along with my previous

Thanks for the quick work on these patches! I saw the security notice
but glad I checked the bug tracker first, made things even easier :)

By the way, this isn't mentioned anywhere but I think we should make it
a policy to CC (or directly only, if the need arises) the guix-security
mailing list. I'll try to make that happen.

> xorg.scm updates (commits 3080abba40 and 158502e40d) I forgot to add
> to the top of the file:
>
> ;;; Copyright © 2023, 2024 Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
>

I added it to ed6ff0ec7b6fe65a3cd7d40b1f301f8def6fb8e3 (first commit)
with a note that the copyright line is a followup to those previous
commits as well. Hopefully that covers it!

And committed the second patch as
c79ffe25e98607d6803f960d5187e4098e1dc7c2.

> To be fair, I'm not too particular about the attribution for basic
> package updates--but I also know copyright is never a simple issue.
>

I'm not too particular either for my own, but I do think it is good to
have it clear especially when committing changes for someone else.
Though it is in the git log, too.

> Cheers,
> Kaelyn

Thanks again!
John