Subject: bug#68520: closed (Re: [bug#68520] Missed copyright line)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 22:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#68520: [PATCH 0/2] Security update for xorg-server and xorg-server-xwayland

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68520: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68520
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#68520] Missed copyright line
From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
To: Kaelyn <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 22:01:09 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Kaelyn

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 11:37 PM, Kaelyn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just realized that with this patch series, along with my previous

Thanks for the quick work on these patches! I saw the security notice
but glad I checked the bug tracker first, made things even easier :)

By the way, this isn't mentioned anywhere but I think we should make it
a policy to CC (or directly only, if the need arises) the guix-security
mailing list. I'll try to make that happen.

> xorg.scm updates (commits 3080abba40 and 158502e40d) I forgot to add
> to the top of the file:
>
> ;;; Copyright © 2023, 2024 Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
>

I added it to ed6ff0ec7b6fe65a3cd7d40b1f301f8def6fb8e3 (first commit)
with a note that the copyright line is a followup to those previous
commits as well. Hopefully that covers it!

And committed the second patch as
c79ffe25e98607d6803f960d5187e4098e1dc7c2.

> To be fair, I'm not too particular about the attribution for basic
> package updates--but I also know copyright is never a simple issue.
>

I'm not too particular either for my own, but I do think it is good to
have it clear especially when committing changes for someone else.
Though it is in the git log, too.

> Cheers,
> Kaelyn

Thanks again!
John

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Security update for xorg-server and xorg-server-xwayland
From: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:58:47 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Update both xorg-server and xorg-server-xwayland to 21.1.11 and 23.2.4
respectively to address six security issues described in the release
announcement / security advisory from 2024-01-16:
https://lists.x.org/archives/xorg/2024-January/061525.html

Kaelyn Takata (2):
  gnu: xorg-server: Update to 21.1.11 [security fixes].
  gnu: xorg-server-xwayland: Update to 23.2.4 [security fixes].

 gnu/packages/xorg.scm | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

base-commit: 20606ca9af1ac019073f4ed872a9ad9960ff0725
--
2.41.0