Subject: [bug#68518] [PATCH] gnu: Add go-github-com-gregjones-httpcache.

From: "Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 22:48:39 +0300

Hello,

I have some troubles with receiving some emails on my Gmail account from
debbugs recently, but I've got response on the patch from Sharlatan
Hellseher:

> Hi,
>
> This project is archived and read-only on GitGub. Is it required for
> some other package to be updated?
>
> Thanks,
> Oleg

Thanks for reviewing my patch!  Yes, the project is archived by its
author, but in the "README" you can read[1] the following statement:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
This project isn't actively maintained; it works for what I, and
seemingly others, want to do with it, and I consider it "done". That
said, if you find any issues, please open a Pull Request and I will try
to review it. Any changes now that change the public API won't be
considered.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The graph[2] of the dependents for "httpcache" is quite big; it lists
some popular packages including[3] "Chezmoi" package.

So in my opinion it is worthwhile to package "httpcache" as it will help
to package/update the future packages.

Thanks,
- avp

References:
1. https://github.com/gregjones/httpcache
2. https://github.com/gregjones/httpcache/network/dependents
3. https://github.com/twpayne/chezmoi/blob/v2.46.0/go.mod#L26

-- 
Artyom "avp" Poptsov <[email-masked]>
Home page: https://memory-heap.org/~avp/
CADR Hackerspace co-founder: https://cadrspace.ru/
GPG: D0C2 EAC1 3310 822D 98DE  B57C E9C5 A2D9 0898 A02F