Subject: bug#68512: closed (done)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 09:12:01 +0000

Your bug report

#68512: Qutebrowser 3, no sound from pipewire-only system

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68512: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68512
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: done
From: chris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 01:10:02 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

done

Subject: Qutebrowser 3, no sound from pipewire-only system
From: chris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 08:43:23 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

The latest qutebrowser v3 from this pipewire-only system has no sound. Related messages from the shell process pasted below include CJK characters which debbugs renders as "??", all CJK messages translate as "file or directory not found"
```
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
[3003:3003:0116/083803.232761:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: default,そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
[3003:3003:0116/083803.233758:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: plug:default,そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
[3003:3003:0116/083808.743619:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: default,そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
[3003:3003:0116/083808.744661:ERROR:alsa_util.cc(204)] PcmOpen: plug:default,そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません
```

About a year ago, user @iyzsong enabled pipewire support at qutebrowser v2 for me and sound has been good here until today when qutebrowser v3 was installed.  iirc, a flag was enabled in qutebrowser or one of its dependencies.

Related: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68483, https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67289