Subject: Re: [bug#68503] [PATCH v3] gnu: torbrowser: Add support for language localisation.

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 01:15:54 +0100

Hi André,

On Sat, Jan 20 2024, André Batista wrote:

> Hi Clément,
>
>> +;; See tor-browser-build/projects/translation/config.
>> +(define translation-tor-browser
>> +  (origin
>> +    (method git-fetch)
>> +    (uri (git-reference
>> +          (url "https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/translation.git")
>> +          (commit "e92772b4a11ced855c27eafd299cf972bef5cd8f")))
>
> The above commit is the one on the 'main' branch, but the current stable
> browser follows 'maint-13.0' (which has now changed in preparation for
> v13.0.9 release next Tuesday) and there is a tag for each release. The
> release tag for version 13.0.8 (tbb-13.0.8-build1) contains a different
> commit number (273592eca488ca3bf535d3789b1130fd1970f09a).

Well spotted!  I corrected this.

> Other than that, everything seems to perfectly mirror upstream build
> process. I've also built it, did some testing and it's working as
> expected.

I'm pretty sure we can get even closer to their build process.  For
example there are those Wasm patches that allow to have support for Wasm
sandboxed libraries if I understand clearly.  (They are already in
nonguix.)  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67512

> You are doing an awesome work, thanks!

Thank you :)

> PS: I'm sorry to have left you hanging on the lyrebird patch. I'll
> review it and, if I find anything worth of attention, I'll ping back.
> For now, I can only say that bridges are working just fine.

Okay!  I'd be glad to hear any remarks.  I'm not that confident with Go
packages.

This one is pushed.  Thanks for reviewing!
Clément