Subject: bug#68463: 29.1; New emacs frames are tiny

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:47:47 +0800

forcemerge 68463 67654
thanks

Romulo Oliveira <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I am creating new Emacs frames, they are appearing with a tiny
> size. I tried to change default-frame-alist but had no effect. Also,
> I got the same result when using display-buffer-pop-up-frame and tried
> to set width and height using pop-up-frame-parameters.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> - Run `emacs -Q`
> - Press `C-x 5 2`
>
>
> In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
>  3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-09-24 built on
>  e1d0f5fdfea948b9bb25e212c9c623e4
> Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12302003
> System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (Workstation Edition)

If I'm not mistaken, this is bug#67654.  Be advised that a fix is
unlikely until someone provides the information requested there as to
which release of GTK first introduced this problem, and I suggest
building Emacs without any toolkit as a stopgap measure.

Thanks.