Subject: [bug#68453] closed (Re: bug#68453: [PATCH] doc: Improve VNC Services section.)

From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2025 03:40:50 +0100

Hello Maxim,

> > * doc/guix.texi (VNC Services): Don't change the value of
> > `display-number`.
>
> Do you mean 5905 is supposed to be the default value?  It's not (the
> default display number is 0), or at least that's the convention to have
> the VNC server listen on the usual 5900 port.

I meant that at one place we have (display-number 10), and then about
15 lines below, we have (display-number 5). That’s inconsistent!
The same applies to the port numbers: 5910 vs. 5905.

> > Refine and improve the `xclock` and `vncviewer` invocation
> > examples.
>
> I've looked at the modified examples, but I think your proposed changes
> make things look more complicated, which is beside the point of
> providing easy to read/trivial examples.

You may not find my examples useful, but that doesn't convince me that
the existing ones are easy to read or trivial.

The reason I took the time to modify this part of documentation and
submit a patch is precisely because I found the current examples not
easy to understand.

> I'll now close this issue.

Could you please reopen this issue? I believe the inconsistency and
readability concerns I raised are still unresolved.

Cheers,
Bost