Subject: Optimization / Staying in the complete /Feature request

From: sir robert downey senior <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 23:12:56 +0530

Greetings dear Gnu Emacs team,
First I would like to thank you Emacs team for creating such a wonderful
application Emacs. Then maintaining it.
Plz consider speeding up the launch time of Emacs make it on par with
Neovim atleast may with some cut down features or using a selective reduced
modules in terminal. My primary use on Emacs is with note taking in Org
mode, launch time for with highly modded Emacs is some 25 seconds, more or
less same time even in terminal 'emacs -nw' command, I don't want to use
the daemon thingy and for neovim with neorg it's just 1.5 seconds am on
some legacy 2002 old hardware. So sadly I am taking use of neovim with
neorg. As trend and acceptability of rust increasing we will see more
feature rich and quicker note taking apps performance.
I understand Emacs is itself is an standalone operating system but not so
privileged people also use this platform and to abandon so many is cutting
own following, one trend which am seeing is on neovim they are wanna be
Emacs, almost every 3rd plugin is being copied somewhere even the Emacsconf
is replicated some way.
I wish to see emacs competitive and more adaptive it has all the
capabilities to lead the charts just some push is good direction is needed
work with startup time is one of them.

Obliged And concerned Emacs user
Warm Regards