Subject: bug#68444: closed (Re: bug#68444: Optimization / Staying in the complete /Feature request)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2024 01:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#68444: Optimization / Staying in the complete /Feature request

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68444: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68444
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68444: Optimization / Staying in the complete /Feature request
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: sir robert downey senior <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 18:17:21 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> sir robert downey senior <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Plz consider speeding up the launch time of Emacs make it on par with
>> Neovim atleast may with some cut down features or using a selective reduced
>> modules in terminal. My primary use on Emacs is with note taking in Org
>> mode, launch time for with highly modded Emacs is some 25 seconds, more or
>> less same time even in terminal 'emacs -nw' command, I don't want to use
>> the daemon thingy and for neovim with neorg it's just 1.5 seconds am on
>> some legacy 2002 old hardware. So sadly I am taking use of neovim with
>> neorg. As trend and acceptability of rust increasing we will see more
>> feature rich and quicker note taking apps performance.
>> I understand Emacs is itself is an standalone operating system but not so
>> privileged people also use this platform and to abandon so many is cutting
>> own following, one trend which am seeing is on neovim they are wanna be
>> Emacs, almost every 3rd plugin is being copied somewhere even the Emacsconf
>> is replicated some way.
>
> Thanks for the bug report.
>
> My recommendation is searching online for how to make Emacs start
> faster.  This typically involves using autoloads, to make packages load
> only when they are actually needed.  We encourage package authors to
> prefer using that in their installation instructions, but it is not
> always the case.
>
> But I don't think this is strictly a bug in Emacs, as I don't see
> anything here that is actionable.
>
> For further assistance, instead of using our bug tracker, you will have
> better luck using support forums instead, like the help-gnu-emacs
> mailing list, Reddit, IRC, EmacsWiki, and so on.
>
> PS.  For what it's worth, my Emacs loads hundreds of packages and starts
>      in 1.5 seconds.

No further comments within 9 months, so I'm closing this bug report.

Subject: Optimization / Staying in the complete /Feature request
From: sir robert downey senior <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 23:12:56 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Greetings dear Gnu Emacs team,
First I would like to thank you Emacs team for creating such a wonderful
application Emacs. Then maintaining it.
Plz consider speeding up the launch time of Emacs make it on par with
Neovim atleast may with some cut down features or using a selective reduced
modules in terminal. My primary use on Emacs is with note taking in Org
mode, launch time for with highly modded Emacs is some 25 seconds, more or
less same time even in terminal 'emacs -nw' command, I don't want to use
the daemon thingy and for neovim with neorg it's just 1.5 seconds am on
some legacy 2002 old hardware. So sadly I am taking use of neovim with
neorg. As trend and acceptability of rust increasing we will see more
feature rich and quicker note taking apps performance.
I understand Emacs is itself is an standalone operating system but not so
privileged people also use this platform and to abandon so many is cutting
own following, one trend which am seeing is on neovim they are wanna be
Emacs, almost every 3rd plugin is being copied somewhere even the Emacsconf
is replicated some way.
I wish to see emacs competitive and more adaptive it has all the
capabilities to lead the charts just some push is good direction is needed
work with startup time is one of them.

Obliged And concerned Emacs user
Warm Regards