Subject: bug#6844: closed (Re: bug#6844: AIX 6.1: compile errors)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6844: AIX 6.1: compile errors

which was filed against the coreutils package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6844: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6844
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6844: AIX 6.1: compile errors
From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
To: Gottfried Mueller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:58:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gottfried Mueller wrote:
> I tried to compile the coreutils the first time under the AIX operating
> system and I've go the the following errors:
>
> ....
>   CC       printf-frexp.o
>   CC       printf-frexpl.o
>   CC       priv-set.o
> "priv-set.h", line 22.11: 1506-296 (S) #include file <priv.h> not found.
> "priv-set.h", line 30.27: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
> PRIV_SYS_LINKDIR.
> "priv-set.h", line 35.28: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
> PRIV_SYS_LINKDIR.
> "priv-set.c", line 27.11: 1506-296 (S) #include file <priv.h> not found.
> "priv-set.c", line 30.8: 1506-166 (S) Definition of function priv_set_t
> requires
>  parentheses.
> "priv-set.c", line 30.19: 1506-276 (S) Syntax error: possible missing '{'?
> "priv-set.c", line 40.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
> "priv-set.c", line 42.7: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
> "priv-set.c", line 47.7: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
> "priv-set.c", line 53.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
> PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
> "priv-set.c", line 73.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
> "priv-set.c", line 76.25: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
> "priv-set.c", line 86.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
> "priv-set.c", line 89.22: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
> "priv-set.c", line 94.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier PRIV_SET.
> "priv-set.c", line 94.31: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
> PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
> "priv-set.c", line 99.20: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
> "priv-set.c", line 119.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
> "priv-set.c", line 122.22: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
> "priv-set.c", line 126.20: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
> "priv-set.c", line 127.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier PRIV_SET.
> "priv-set.c", line 127.31: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier
> PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
> make: The error code from the last command is 1.
>
>
> It seems this problem is comparably with the error compiling the gnu tar
> (1.23) command using AIX.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2010-06/msg00019.html

Thank you for the report.  Sorry no one replied sooner.
You didn't mention which version of coreutils you're using,
but we've just released coreutils-8.13, and it addresses
a few AIX-related build and test failures:

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2011-09/msg00130.html

Can you try building it on your system and
let us know if it fails?

Jim

PS. I'm marking this issue as "done", but you're welcome to reply.

Subject: AIX 6.1: compile errors
From: Gottfried Mueller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:35:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I tried to compile the coreutils the first time under the AIX operating 
system and I've go the the following errors:

....
  CC       printf-frexp.o
  CC       printf-frexpl.o
  CC       priv-set.o
"priv-set.h", line 22.11: 1506-296 (S) #include file <priv.h> not found.
"priv-set.h", line 30.27: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_SYS_LINKDIR.
"priv-set.h", line 35.28: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_SYS_LINKDIR.
"priv-set.c", line 27.11: 1506-296 (S) #include file <priv.h> not found.
"priv-set.c", line 30.8: 1506-166 (S) Definition of function priv_set_t 
requires
 parentheses.
"priv-set.c", line 30.19: 1506-276 (S) Syntax error: possible missing '{'?
"priv-set.c", line 40.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 42.7: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 47.7: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
"priv-set.c", line 53.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
"priv-set.c", line 73.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 76.25: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 86.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 89.22: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 94.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier PRIV_SET.
"priv-set.c", line 94.31: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
"priv-set.c", line 99.20: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
"priv-set.c", line 119.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 122.22: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
"priv-set.c", line 126.20: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 127.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier PRIV_SET.
"priv-set.c", line 127.31: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

It seems this problem is comparably with the error compiling the gnu tar 
(1.23) command using AIX.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2010-06/msg00019.html

Gottfried Müller
Magirus International GmbH