Subject: AIX 6.1: compile errors

From: Gottfried Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:35:30 +0200

Hello,

I tried to compile the coreutils the first time under the AIX operating 
system and I've go the the following errors:

....
  CC       printf-frexp.o
  CC       printf-frexpl.o
  CC       priv-set.o
"priv-set.h", line 22.11: 1506-296 (S) #include file <priv.h> not found.
"priv-set.h", line 30.27: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_SYS_LINKDIR.
"priv-set.h", line 35.28: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_SYS_LINKDIR.
"priv-set.c", line 27.11: 1506-296 (S) #include file <priv.h> not found.
"priv-set.c", line 30.8: 1506-166 (S) Definition of function priv_set_t 
requires
 parentheses.
"priv-set.c", line 30.19: 1506-276 (S) Syntax error: possible missing '{'?
"priv-set.c", line 40.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 42.7: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 47.7: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
"priv-set.c", line 53.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
"priv-set.c", line 73.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 76.25: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 86.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 89.22: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 94.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier PRIV_SET.
"priv-set.c", line 94.31: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
"priv-set.c", line 99.20: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
"priv-set.c", line 119.9: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier initialized.
"priv-set.c", line 122.22: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier rem_set.
"priv-set.c", line 126.20: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier eff_set.
"priv-set.c", line 127.21: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier PRIV_SET.
"priv-set.c", line 127.31: 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier 
PRIV_EFFECTIVE.
make: The error code from the last command is 1.

It seems this problem is comparably with the error compiling the gnu tar 
(1.23) command using AIX.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2010-06/msg00019.html

Gottfried Müller
Magirus International GmbH