Subject: Re: bug#68418: refill-mode interferes with org-mode headlines

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 13:56:13 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This looks like an improvement. Also, it appears to fix the original
>> reproducer.
>> 
>> However, there will still be a problem, even with the proposed patch, in
>> the following scenario:
> ...
> So you think the patch I posted should not be installed, and we should
> wait for a more thorough solution?

I believe that your patch is good - it improves the situation and makes
refill-mode more consistent with fill.el (by honouring
`fill-forward-paragraph-function').

However, more general problem with fill.el design will remain. Although,
emacs-devel might be more suitable place to discuss the Emacs design -
see my other email - https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/87frz5kux7.fsf@localhost/

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>