Subject: bug#68418: refill-mode interferes with org-mode headlines

From: Lars Rustand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 21:18:51 +0100

Enabling refill-mode in an org-mode buffer results in unwanted behaviour
that interferes with headlines, list items, and possibly other types of
line breaks.

I won't go too deeply into describing it here as it has been described
well in the following bug report on the org-mode mailing list. In that
thread it was suggested that the bug is actually not in org-mode, but
instead in refill-mode.

See the original bug report on the org-mode list here:

https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/3715730.BJ41AJB0qc@yksi/

I also found a previous thread on this list where it has been discussed:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2021-12/msg01854.html

It seems that the bug was located and the cause was identified, but
nothing more came out of it.

The thread derailed quickly and it seems the problem was ignored because
of personal problems against the author. The fact that some of his
previous bug reports were done to the wrong list does not mean that this
bug should be ignored.

I hope the issue can be taken seriously this time, because it renders
refill-mode unusable in org-mode buffers.