Subject: Re: bug#68415: User's shepherd services defined in guix home config can not start after guix pull.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 16:19:07 +0200

Hi,

Feng Shu <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Today, after I guix pull again and reconfig guix home, this problem
> dispear, I do not know why :-)
>
>> Feng Shu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>> I tried, but I do not know why: unbound-variable service

I believe this problem was due to the fact that you were running
shepherd < 0.10.

Shepherd 0.10 introduce (service …) as a replacement for (make <service>
…) and Guix switched to that idiom in
477d4f7d241165b5a5fd315c27efd7803fad4a04, meaning that to complete your
upgrade, you effectively had to start the new shepherd (reboot or
whatever).

Closing!

Thanks,
Ludo’.