Subject: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME', `erc-cmd-AME'. 2nd attempt

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 12:15:20 +0100

> This, for one page of code that is pretty trivial in nature
> and took 10~15 minutes to write, tops. It worked before we
> did all this and it works now. The changes we have
> introduced have been minimal and could have been formulated
> in three or four simple sentences.

Well, trivial or not, the code looks _much_ better now so those
small changes really worked.

> But fine, no need to be frustrated about it, I got to
> practice the git commands over and over. Now let's hope we
> can make it happen this time around then.

Here [last] are the git commands used so far.

There is actually only one thing that is painful still and
that is launching 'git commit -a' from a terminal and have
a new Emacs instance pop up with no link to your regular
session, and then you have to type the log message there with
no killing and yanking and no buffers available from where you
just were, with everything ready which you now cannot access
just when you need it.

So if one could do that without launching a new instance, that
would be really helpful to the workflow and
reduce frustration.

   $ git checkout -b ib master
   [...]
   $ git commit -a

   $ git format-patch master -M -o .ib
   M-x erc-bug RET
   Tags: patch (pseudo header)
   C-c C-a (`mml-attach-file')
   C-c C-c (`message-send-and-exit')

   $ git log
   $ git format-patch -2 HEAD --stdout > last-two.patch

   $ git commit --amend

   $ git reflog
   $ git revert fa37950454f

   $ git branch
   $ git branch -D ib

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal