Subject: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME', `erc-cmd-AME'. 2nd attempt

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:43:05 +0100

Patch without whitespace changes.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo
 version 1.16.0) of 2024-01-09 built on ebc
Repository revision: 774c8ec74c98d69d56b2511a613145f2b69fb2eb
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-x-toolkit=no
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS
HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY OLDXMENU PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-imenu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime-tests hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20231218.2206/slime-tests
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20231218.2206/slime
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime-autoloads hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20231218.2206/slime-autoloads
~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/version
~/.emacs.d/lisp/abbrev hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/abbrev

Features:
(smerge-mode shadow emacsbug bug-reference erc-ibuffer
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs erc-notify erc-page
erc-services erc-sound erc-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe
erc-truncate erc-xdcc erc-dcc w3m-save nnfolder completion
dos-w32 find-cmd find-dired ada-eglot elint cl-print ada-mode
ada-imenu align ada-skel wisi-skel eglot external-completion
jsonrpc flymake diff ert ewoc ada-indent-user-options ada-core
uniquify-files ada-mode-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads
gnat-compiler gnat-compiler-autoloads skeleton
wisi-process-parse wisi-prj wisi wisi-fringe semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-file wisi-parse-common
wisi-autoloads loaddefs-gen tar-mode url-cache url-http
url-auth url-gw finder-inf conf-mode flow-fill mm-archive grep
vc-hg vc-git vc-bzr vc-dispatcher python w3m-symbol w3m-filter
canlock shortdoc qp display-line-numbers tabify mailalias
mule-util mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-ml disp-table cursor-sensor pop3
utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnml gnus-agent nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
network-stream erc-track erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-list
erc-imenu term/linux cus-start global-keys yank xsel
wrap-search wood w3m-version w3m-unisearch w3m-survivor
w3m-sem w3m-keys w3m-swamp w3m-incal w3m-session vt version
variance todo-did time-cmp pcase test-face survivor summary
str-to-bits street today stats sort-list sort-incal sort
slime-incal slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent
cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree
advice slime-scratch slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands
slime-autodoc slime-banner signal show-command sequence-string
scale restart replace-list remote ref-lines re-make-list
random quote-ref psea printer lpr piles package-style checkdoc
lisp-mnt ny negative-subtraction navigate-fs-keys tramp-cmds
tramp-cache tramp-sh native comp comp-cstr cl-extra model-ttt
model mode-by-filename misc-incal minor-modes t-mouse messages
message-incal message-header moggle measure match-data-format
man-incal mailrc mail mail-zoho mail-to-many mail-insert
mail-dataswamp list list-quoted-functions lisp-incal regexp
inf-lisp ielm linux-shell lights latex tex-mode kill kill-path
keys iterate-files info-incal html mhtml-mode cus-edit js
c-ts-common hex help-incal help-fns radix-tree debug backtrace
gnus-server gnus-score-incal gnus-incal-minimal smtpmail cite
frame-size fill-incal file tramp trampver tramp-integration
tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs face
w3m-form slime-presentations slime-repl slime-parse bridge
slime etags fileloop xref project arc-mode archive-mode
hyperspec sh-script executable org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs man gnus-cite
gemini-mode time-stamp ffap erc-match diff-mode easy-mmode
apt-sources-list apropos erc-show-modes erc-misc erc-man
erc-log-incal cus-load erc-connect epwgen enum emacs-shell
shell eshell em-hist esh-mode esh-var esh-cmd generator
esh-ext esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-opt
esh-util elpher-incal bookmark pp socks nsm elpher elpa elisp
revert-buffer ide nroff-mode css-mode treesit smie sgml-mode
facemenu imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url markdown-mode color
noutline outline make-mode quit gnus-incal group group-summary
find-command-zsh get-search-string erc-incal warnings
erc-spell erc-ring erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-log erc-kill
erc-join erc-iterate erc-scroll erc-goodies erc-element
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc format-spec erc-backend
erc-networks erc-common erc-compat erc-loaddefs gnus-score
score-mode elide-head edit window-incal window-other tabs
sudo-user-path echo-message ecat-incal dope dired-kill-ext
dired-aux dired-jump-target dired-incal w3m-url files-x
custom-vars search-regexp-in-files counter count console-keys
compilation-incal comic-book-insult color-incal char caps-back
c-and-cpp compile-incal compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs buffer-menu
switch-to-buffer switch-to-buffer-regexp buc browse gnus-srvr
bmi bike math perm spell ispell dwim bibtex-next-volume
bibtex-incal bibtex-field bibtex-book bibtex-autokey-insert
issn-verify isbn-verify bibtex batch audio article
w3m-download w3m-search file-write-to w3m-bookmark-more
w3m-tabs w3m-bookmark w3m doc-view filenotify jka-compr
image-mode exif timezone w3m-hist bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-fb tab-line icons w3m-proc w3m-util
thingatpt super scroll mode-line gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus comp-run comp-common xml gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit close align-incal string align-from-left
abc rx elpher-autoloads gemini-mode-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
info slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads sml-mode-autoloads
w3m-load w3m-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo xinput2
x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2284289 476222) (symbols 48 77310 39)
 (strings 32 428481 14571) (string-bytes 1 19241578)
 (vectors 16 138642) (vector-slots 8 3896275 228053)
 (floats 8 972 4000) (intervals 56 61703 8137)
 (buffers 976 291))

>From a2345b8eb22af2d5a052c1e22a19aeffc48544b2 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 11:37:28 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME', `erc-cmd-AME'.

---
 lisp/erc/erc.el | 34 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 29 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/erc/erc.el b/lisp/erc/erc.el
index 478683a77f5..06791bce520 100644
--- a/lisp/erc/erc.el
+++ b/lisp/erc/erc.el
@@ -4016,16 +4016,40 @@ erc--split-string-shell-cmd
 ;;                    Input commands handlers
 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
 
-(defun erc-cmd-AMSG (line)
-  "Send LINE to all channels of the current server that you are on."
-  (interactive "sSend to all channels you're on: ")
+(defun erc-cmd-GMSG (line)
+  "Send LINE to all channels on all networks you are on."
+  (interactive "sSend to all channels: ")
   (setq line (erc-trim-string line))
   (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server nil
-    (lambda ()
-      (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (erc-send-message line)))
+(put 'erc-cmd-GMSG 'do-not-parse-args t)
+
+(defun erc-cmd-AMSG (line)
+  "Send LINE to all channels of the current network."
+  (interactive "sSend to all channels on this network: ")
+  (setq line (erc-trim-string line))
+  (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server erc-server-process
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
     (erc-send-message line)))
 (put 'erc-cmd-AMSG 'do-not-parse-args t)
 
+(defun erc-cmd-GME (line)
+  "Send LINE as an action to all channels on all networks you are on."
+  (interactive "sSend action to all channels: ")
+  (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server nil
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (erc-cmd-ME line) ))
+(put 'erc-cmd-GME 'do-not-parse-args t)
+
+(defun erc-cmd-AME (line)
+  "Send LINE as an action to all channels on the current network."
+  (interactive "sSend action to all channels on this network: ")
+  (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server erc-server-process
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (erc-cmd-ME line) ))
+(put 'erc-cmd-AME 'do-not-parse-args t)
+
 (defun erc-cmd-SAY (line)
   "Send LINE to the current query or channel as a message, not a command.
 
-- 
2.39.2

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal