Subject: bug#68395: closed (Re: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME', `erc-cmd-AME'. 2nd attempt)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2024 00:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: erc-cmd-GMSG, erc-cmd-AMSG, erc-cmd-GME, erc-cmd-AME

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68401: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68401
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME', `erc-cmd-AME'. 2nd attempt
From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 16:18:43 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]> writes:

> J.P. wrote:
>
>>> I sent a reply to this but it hasn't appeared yet, it
>>> seems. Anyway, I finally understood all of what you asked
>>> for, I think, so you can disregard that post and instead
>>> have a look at the below patch, hopefully it covers it.
>>
>> Yes, this should be fine. Thanks.
>
> \o/

This has been installed as

  15a140a2466 Make erc-cmd-AMSG session local; add /GMSG, /AME and /GME

Thanks and closing.

Subject: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: erc-cmd-GMSG, erc-cmd-AMSG, erc-cmd-GME, erc-cmd-AME
From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:22:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Patch

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo
 version 1.16.0) of 2024-01-09 built on ebc
Repository revision: 774c8ec74c98d69d56b2511a613145f2b69fb2eb
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-x-toolkit=no
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS
HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY OLDXMENU PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Article

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-imenu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime-tests hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20231218.2206/slime-tests
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20231218.2206/slime
/home/incal/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime-autoloads hides /home/incal/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20231218.2206/slime-autoloads
~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/version
~/.emacs.d/lisp/abbrev hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/abbrev

Features:
(shadow emacsbug bug-reference erc-ibuffer ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs erc-notify erc-page erc-services erc-sound
erc-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe erc-truncate erc-xdcc
erc-dcc w3m-save nnfolder completion dos-w32 find-cmd
find-dired ada-eglot elint cl-print ada-mode ada-imenu align
ada-skel wisi-skel eglot external-completion jsonrpc flymake
diff ert ewoc ada-indent-user-options ada-core uniquify-files
ada-mode-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads gnat-compiler
gnat-compiler-autoloads skeleton wisi-process-parse wisi-prj
wisi wisi-fringe semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-file
wisi-parse-common wisi-autoloads loaddefs-gen tar-mode
url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw finder-inf conf-mode
flow-fill mm-archive grep vc-hg vc-git vc-bzr vc-dispatcher
python w3m-symbol w3m-filter canlock shortdoc qp
display-line-numbers tabify mailalias mule-util mail-extr
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-ml
disp-table cursor-sensor pop3 utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnml
gnus-agent nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache network-stream erc-track
erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-list erc-imenu term/linux cus-start
global-keys yank xsel wrap-search wood w3m-version
w3m-unisearch w3m-survivor w3m-sem w3m-keys w3m-swamp
w3m-incal w3m-session vt version variance todo-did time-cmp
pcase test-face survivor summary str-to-bits street today
stats sort-list sort-incal sort slime-incal slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-macrostep
macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-banner signal
show-command sequence-string scale restart replace-list remote
ref-lines re-make-list random quote-ref psea printer lpr piles
package-style checkdoc lisp-mnt ny negative-subtraction
navigate-fs-keys tramp-cmds tramp-cache tramp-sh native comp
comp-cstr cl-extra model-ttt model mode-by-filename misc-incal
minor-modes t-mouse messages message-incal message-header
moggle measure match-data-format man-incal mailrc mail
mail-zoho mail-to-many mail-insert mail-dataswamp list
list-quoted-functions lisp-incal regexp inf-lisp ielm
linux-shell lights latex tex-mode kill kill-path keys
iterate-files info-incal html mhtml-mode cus-edit js
c-ts-common hex help-incal help-fns radix-tree debug backtrace
gnus-server gnus-score-incal gnus-incal-minimal smtpmail cite
frame-size fill-incal file tramp trampver tramp-integration
tramp-message help-mode tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs face
w3m-form slime-presentations slime-repl slime-parse bridge
slime etags fileloop xref project arc-mode archive-mode
hyperspec sh-script executable org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs man gnus-cite
gemini-mode time-stamp ffap erc-match diff-mode easy-mmode
apt-sources-list apropos erc-show-modes erc-misc erc-man
erc-log-incal cus-load erc-connect epwgen enum emacs-shell
shell eshell em-hist esh-mode esh-var esh-cmd generator
esh-ext esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-opt
esh-util elpher-incal bookmark pp socks nsm elpher elpa elisp
revert-buffer ide nroff-mode css-mode treesit smie sgml-mode
facemenu imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url markdown-mode color
noutline outline make-mode quit gnus-incal group group-summary
find-command-zsh get-search-string erc-incal warnings
erc-spell erc-ring erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-log erc-kill
erc-join erc-iterate erc-scroll erc-goodies erc-element
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc format-spec erc-backend
erc-networks erc-common erc-compat erc-loaddefs gnus-score
score-mode elide-head edit window-incal window-other tabs
sudo-user-path echo-message ecat-incal dope dired-kill-ext
dired-aux dired-jump-target dired-incal w3m-url files-x
custom-vars search-regexp-in-files counter count console-keys
compilation-incal comic-book-insult color-incal char caps-back
c-and-cpp compile-incal compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs buffer-menu
switch-to-buffer switch-to-buffer-regexp buc browse gnus-srvr
bmi bike math perm spell ispell dwim bibtex-next-volume
bibtex-incal bibtex-field bibtex-book bibtex-autokey-insert
issn-verify isbn-verify bibtex batch audio article
w3m-download w3m-search file-write-to w3m-bookmark-more
w3m-tabs w3m-bookmark w3m doc-view filenotify jka-compr
image-mode exif timezone w3m-hist bookmark-w3m w3m-ems
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-fb tab-line icons w3m-proc w3m-util
thingatpt super scroll mode-line gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus comp-run comp-common xml gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit close align-incal string align-from-left
abc rx elpher-autoloads gemini-mode-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
info slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads sml-mode-autoloads
w3m-load w3m-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo xinput2
x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2152585 504049) (symbols 48 65163 12)
 (strings 32 367483 49126) (string-bytes 1 17762473)
 (vectors 16 137706) (vector-slots 8 3475772 228026)
 (floats 8 968 4004) (intervals 56 35411 7018)
 (buffers 976 263))

>From 2aea60a6ab47431fa7da913a8de8d325d1c62030 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:16:11 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME' and
 `erc-cmd-AME'.

---
 lisp/erc/erc.el | 156 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 1 file changed, 90 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/erc/erc.el b/lisp/erc/erc.el
index 478683a77f5..12078f6970d 100644
--- a/lisp/erc/erc.el
+++ b/lisp/erc/erc.el
@@ -2003,10 +2003,10 @@ erc-get-buffer
 (defun erc--buffer-p (buf predicate proc)
   (with-current-buffer buf
     (and (derived-mode-p 'erc-mode)
-	 (or (not proc)
-	     (eq proc erc-server-process))
-	 (funcall predicate)
-	 buf)))
+         (or (not proc)
+             (eq proc erc-server-process))
+         (funcall predicate)
+         buf)))
 
 (defun erc-buffer-filter (predicate &optional proc)
   "Return a list of `erc-mode' buffers matching certain criteria.
@@ -2021,7 +2021,7 @@ erc-buffer-filter
      nil
      (mapcar (lambda (buf)
                (when (buffer-live-p buf)
-		 (erc--buffer-p buf predicate proc)))
+                 (erc--buffer-p buf predicate proc)))
              (buffer-list)))))
 
 (defalias 'erc-buffer-do 'erc-buffer-filter
@@ -2042,14 +2042,14 @@ erc-buffer-list
 (define-obsolete-function-alias 'erc-iswitchb #'erc-switch-to-buffer "25.1")
 (defun erc--switch-to-buffer (&optional arg)
   (read-buffer "Switch to ERC buffer: "
-	       (when (boundp 'erc-modified-channels-alist)
-		 (buffer-name (caar (last erc-modified-channels-alist))))
-	       t
-	       ;; Only allow ERC buffers in the same session.
-	       (let ((proc (unless arg erc-server-process)))
-		 (lambda (bufname)
-		   (let ((buf (if (consp bufname)
-				  (cdr bufname) (get-buffer bufname))))
+               (when (boundp 'erc-modified-channels-alist)
+                 (buffer-name (caar (last erc-modified-channels-alist))))
+               t
+               ;; Only allow ERC buffers in the same session.
+               (let ((proc (unless arg erc-server-process)))
+                 (lambda (bufname)
+                   (let ((buf (if (consp bufname)
+                                  (cdr bufname) (get-buffer bufname))))
                      (and buf (erc--buffer-p buf (lambda () t) proc)))))))
 (defun erc-switch-to-buffer (&optional arg)
   "Prompt for an ERC buffer to switch to.
@@ -2581,7 +2581,7 @@ erc-initialize-log-marker
     (unless (markerp erc-last-saved-position)
       (setq erc-last-saved-position (make-marker))
       (move-marker erc-last-saved-position
-		   (1- (marker-position erc-insert-marker))))))
+                   (1- (marker-position erc-insert-marker))))))
 
 ;; interactive startup
 
@@ -3590,7 +3590,7 @@ erc-display-message-highlight
          (erc-put-text-property
           0 (length string)
           'font-lock-face (or (intern-soft
-			       (concat "erc-" (symbol-name type) "-face"))
+                               (concat "erc-" (symbol-name type) "-face"))
                               'erc-default-face)
           string)
          string)))
@@ -3667,8 +3667,8 @@ erc-lurker-cleanup
      (maphash
       (lambda (nick last-PRIVMSG-time)
         (when
-	    (time-less-p erc-lurker-threshold-time
-			 (time-since last-PRIVMSG-time))
+            (time-less-p erc-lurker-threshold-time
+                         (time-since last-PRIVMSG-time))
           (remhash nick hash)))
       hash)
      (if (zerop (hash-table-count hash))
@@ -3735,8 +3735,8 @@ erc-lurker-p
           (gethash (erc-lurker-maybe-trim nick)
                    (gethash server erc-lurker-state (make-hash-table)))))
     (or (null last-PRIVMSG-time)
-	(time-less-p erc-lurker-threshold-time
-		     (time-since last-PRIVMSG-time)))))
+        (time-less-p erc-lurker-threshold-time
+                     (time-since last-PRIVMSG-time)))))
 
 (defcustom erc-common-server-suffixes
   '(("openprojects.net\\'" . "OPN")
@@ -3760,7 +3760,7 @@ erc-canonicalize-server-name
 
 (defun erc-add-targets (scope target-list)
   (let ((targets
-	 (mapcar (lambda (targets) (member scope targets)) target-list)))
+         (mapcar (lambda (targets) (member scope targets)) target-list)))
     (cdr (apply #'append (delete nil targets)))))
 
 (defun erc-hide-current-message-p (parsed)
@@ -3776,16 +3776,16 @@ erc-hide-current-message-p
          (sender (car (erc-parse-user (erc-response.sender parsed))))
          (channel (car (erc-response.command-args parsed)))
          (network (or (and (erc-network) (erc-network-name))
-		      (erc-shorten-server-name
-		       (or erc-server-announced-name
-			   erc-session-server))))
-	 (current-hide-list
-	  (when erc-network-hide-list
-	    (erc-add-targets network erc-network-hide-list)))
-	 (current-hide-list
-	  (append current-hide-list
-		  (when erc-channel-hide-list
-		    (erc-add-targets channel erc-channel-hide-list)))))
+                      (erc-shorten-server-name
+                       (or erc-server-announced-name
+                           erc-session-server))))
+         (current-hide-list
+          (when erc-network-hide-list
+            (erc-add-targets network erc-network-hide-list)))
+         (current-hide-list
+          (append current-hide-list
+                  (when erc-channel-hide-list
+                    (erc-add-targets channel erc-channel-hide-list)))))
     (or (member command erc-hide-list)
         (member command current-hide-list)
         (and (member command erc-lurker-hide-list) (erc-lurker-p sender)))))
@@ -3871,9 +3871,9 @@ erc-display-message
         (erc--route-insertion string buffer)
       (unless (erc-hide-current-message-p parsed)
         (erc-put-text-property 0 (length string) 'erc-parsed parsed string)
-	(when (erc-response.tags parsed)
-	  (erc-put-text-property 0 (length string) 'tags (erc-response.tags parsed)
-				 string))
+        (when (erc-response.tags parsed)
+          (erc-put-text-property 0 (length string) 'tags (erc-response.tags parsed)
+                                 string))
         (erc--route-insertion string buffer)))))
 
 (defun erc-message-type-member (position list)
@@ -4016,16 +4016,40 @@ erc--split-string-shell-cmd
 ;;                    Input commands handlers
 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
 
-(defun erc-cmd-AMSG (line)
-  "Send LINE to all channels of the current server that you are on."
-  (interactive "sSend to all channels you're on: ")
+(defun erc-cmd-GMSG (line)
+  "Send LINE to all channels on all networks you are on."
+  (interactive "sSend to all channels: ")
   (setq line (erc-trim-string line))
   (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server nil
-    (lambda ()
-      (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (erc-send-message line)))
+(put 'erc-cmd-GMSG 'do-not-parse-args t)
+
+(defun erc-cmd-AMSG (line)
+  "Send LINE to all channels of the current network."
+  (interactive "sSend to all channels on this network: ")
+  (setq line (erc-trim-string line))
+  (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server erc-server-process
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
     (erc-send-message line)))
 (put 'erc-cmd-AMSG 'do-not-parse-args t)
 
+(defun erc-cmd-GME (line)
+  "Send LINE as an action to all channels on all networks you are on."
+  (interactive "sSend action to all channels: ")
+  (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server nil
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (erc-cmd-ME line) ))
+(put 'erc-cmd-GME 'do-not-parse-args t)
+
+(defun erc-cmd-AME (line)
+  "Send LINE as an action to all channels on the current network."
+  (interactive "sSend action to all channels on this network: ")
+  (erc-with-all-buffers-of-server erc-server-process
+    (lambda () (erc-channel-p (erc-default-target)))
+    (erc-cmd-ME line) ))
+(put 'erc-cmd-AME 'do-not-parse-args t)
+
 (defun erc-cmd-SAY (line)
   "Send LINE to the current query or channel as a message, not a command.
 
@@ -5213,8 +5237,8 @@ erc-cmd-TOPIC
           (topic (match-string 2 topic)))
       ;; Ignore all-whitespace topics.
       (unless (equal (string-trim topic) "")
-	(erc-log (format "cmd: TOPIC [%s]: %s" ch topic))
-	(erc-server-send (format "TOPIC %s :%s" ch topic) nil ch)))
+        (erc-log (format "cmd: TOPIC [%s]: %s" ch topic))
+        (erc-server-send (format "TOPIC %s :%s" ch topic) nil ch)))
     t)
    ;; /topic #channel
    ((string-match "^\\s-*\\([&#+!]\\S-+\\)" topic)
@@ -5493,7 +5517,7 @@ erc-input-message
         (read-map minibuffer-local-map))
     (insert (read-from-minibuffer "Message: "
                                   (string last-command-event)
-				  read-map))
+                                  read-map))
     (erc-send-current-line)))
 
 (defvar erc-action-history-list ()
@@ -5776,11 +5800,11 @@ erc-wash-quit-reason
   (or (when (string-match (concat "^\\(Read error\\) to "
                                   nick "\\[" host "\\]: "
                                   "\\(.+\\)$")
-			  reason)
+                          reason)
         (concat (match-string 1 reason) ": " (match-string 2 reason)))
       (when (string-match (concat "^\\(Ping timeout\\) for "
                                   nick "\\[" host "\\]$")
-			  reason)
+                          reason)
         (match-string 1 reason))
       reason))
 
@@ -5820,7 +5844,7 @@ erc-nickname-in-use
                                    ;; server's setting if we haven't
                                    ;; established a connection yet
                                    (- 9 (length erc-nick-uniquifier))))
-				erc-nick-uniquifier)))
+                                erc-nick-uniquifier)))
       (erc--nickname-in-use-make-request nick newnick)
       (erc-display-error-notice
        nil
@@ -6801,30 +6825,30 @@ erc-channel-receive-names
          (adm-ch (cdr (assq ?a prefix)))
          (own-ch (cdr (assq ?q prefix)))
          (names (delete "" (split-string names-string)))
-	 name op voice halfop admin owner)
+         name op voice halfop admin owner)
     (let ((erc-channel-members-changed-hook nil))
       (dolist (item names)
         (let ((updatep t)
-	      (ch (aref item 0)))
+              (ch (aref item 0)))
           (setq name item op 'off voice 'off halfop 'off admin 'off owner 'off)
           (if (rassq ch prefix)
               (if (= (length item) 1)
-		  (setq updatep nil)
-		(setq name (substring item 1))
-		(setf (pcase ch
-			((pred (eq voice-ch)) voice)
-			((pred (eq hop-ch))   halfop)
-			((pred (eq op-ch))    op)
-			((pred (eq adm-ch))   admin)
-			((pred (eq own-ch))   owner)
-			(_ (message "Unknown prefix char `%S'" ch) voice))
-		      'on)))
+                  (setq updatep nil)
+                (setq name (substring item 1))
+                (setf (pcase ch
+                        ((pred (eq voice-ch)) voice)
+                        ((pred (eq hop-ch))   halfop)
+                        ((pred (eq op-ch))    op)
+                        ((pred (eq adm-ch))   admin)
+                        ((pred (eq own-ch))   owner)
+                        (_ (message "Unknown prefix char `%S'" ch) voice))
+                      'on)))
           (when updatep
-	    ;; If we didn't issue the NAMES request (consider two clients
-	    ;; talking to an IRC proxy), `erc-channel-begin-receiving-names'
-	    ;; will not have been called, so we have to do it here.
-	    (unless erc-channel-new-member-names
-	      (erc-channel-begin-receiving-names))
+            ;; If we didn't issue the NAMES request (consider two clients
+            ;; talking to an IRC proxy), `erc-channel-begin-receiving-names'
+            ;; will not have been called, so we have to do it here.
+            (unless erc-channel-new-member-names
+              (erc-channel-begin-receiving-names))
             (puthash (erc-downcase name) t
                      erc-channel-new-member-names)
             (erc-update-current-channel-member
@@ -7767,7 +7791,7 @@ erc-send-current-line
   (let ((now (current-time)))
     (if (or (not erc-accidental-paste-threshold-seconds)
             (time-less-p erc-accidental-paste-threshold-seconds
-			 (time-subtract now erc-last-input-time)))
+                         (time-subtract now erc-last-input-time)))
         (save-restriction
           ;; If there's an abbrev at the end of the line, expand it.
           (when (and abbrev-mode
@@ -7909,8 +7933,8 @@ erc-send-input
       (defvar str))
     (let ((str input)
           (erc-insert-this t)
-	  (erc-send-this t)
-	  state)
+          (erc-send-this t)
+          state)
       ;; The calling convention of `erc-send-pre-hook' is that it
       ;; should change the dynamic variable `str' or set
       ;; `erc-send-this' to nil.  This has now been deprecated:
@@ -7918,8 +7942,8 @@ erc-send-input
       ;; allow both changing and suppressing the string.
       (run-hook-with-args 'erc-send-pre-hook input)
       (setq state (make-erc-input :string str ;May be != from `input' now!
-				  :insertp erc-insert-this
-				  :sendp erc-send-this))
+                                  :insertp erc-insert-this
+                                  :sendp erc-send-this))
       (run-hook-with-args 'erc-pre-send-functions state)
       (when (and (erc-input-sendp state)
                  erc-send-this)
-- 
2.39.2

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal