Subject: bug#6840: 24.0.50; Selection of words and lines with mouse doesn't work.

From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:02:56 +0200

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

Double click and hold on a word, then drag the mouse over more words.
The selection isn't snapped to whole words, you still select individual
characters.  Ditto for tripple-click and lines.

This is a regression from emacs 23 (tested on 23.1).

      Jan D.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/Users/jhd/bin/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.32)
  of 2010-08-06 on zeplinf
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--verbose' '--enable-asserts' '--with-ns' 
'--without-x' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <double-drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> s-x r e p o r t - <escape> x r e p o r t
- e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)