Subject: bug#68397: closed (Re: bug#68397: Bub in GNU Guix)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2025 10:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#68397: Bub in GNU Guix

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68397: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68397
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68397: Bub in GNU Guix
From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
To: rui contacts <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2025 05:41:14 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 3:01 AM rui contacts
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> As asked in the output below, here`s the email reporting the bug.
>
> Thank you for you time and work!
>
> Best regards,
> Rui Silva
>
>
> guix pull
>
> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
> Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 637b72e (68,882 new commits)...
> Building from this channel:
>   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 637b72e
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
> substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
>  guile-gcrypt-0.3.0  143KiB                                                        1012KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
> building /gnu/store/al0d6f30wj4f4w68v2gqdkb367v75f4x-config.scm.drv...
> building /gnu/store/60h4f5jy7x05bgwjxp41gg5wsypaixn6-git.scm.drv...
> building /gnu/store/n5w7gbkyyiav73f9yypafvw2n6z5jq8n-hash.scm.drv...
> building /gnu/store/58nrdw354vbspqbmdi61z8mb0p34j1j0-module-import.drv...
> building /gnu/store/bwwj8fxvi9d2n3xjbnvkanllzi3xam98-module-import.drv...
> building /gnu/store/c6kgyavzvjf5wdb3yyqhd6mx1v75w54r-module-import-compiled.drv...
> building /gnu/store/xprx1j44shbw9qs2ibws59zhpipfb0zb-module-import-compiled.drv...
> building /gnu/store/v53y48cvc8blrfr6n15c6ys3hq2k4hwl-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
> Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/rml7284ljsm9j5czqzf03pn64ypkqwl5-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "637b72e2b83a6332849218ef1f193124fa8239eb"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
> Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

Hi Rui,

This is typically due to transient networking issues. Were later
invocations of the command successful?

Thank you for submitting the ticket. Since there have been (also
transient?) discussions on how to better handle these errors I am
closing this issue:
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-06/msg00088.html

Greg

Subject: Bub in GNU Guix
From: rui contacts <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 22:40:30 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Greetings,

As asked in the output below, here`s the email reporting the bug.

Thank you for you time and work!

Best regards,
Rui Silva

guix pull

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 637b72e (68,882 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 637b72e
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
 guile-gcrypt-0.3.0  143KiB
       1012KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
building /gnu/store/al0d6f30wj4f4w68v2gqdkb367v75f4x-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/60h4f5jy7x05bgwjxp41gg5wsypaixn6-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/n5w7gbkyyiav73f9yypafvw2n6z5jq8n-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/58nrdw354vbspqbmdi61z8mb0p34j1j0-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/bwwj8fxvi9d2n3xjbnvkanllzi3xam98-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/c6kgyavzvjf5wdb3yyqhd6mx1v75w54r-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/xprx1j44shbw9qs2ibws59zhpipfb0zb-module-import-compiled.drv...
building
/gnu/store/v53y48cvc8blrfr6n15c6ys3hq2k4hwl-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |guix pull: error: You
found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/rml7284ljsm9j5czqzf03pn64ypkqwl5-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"637b72e2b83a6332849218ef1f193124fa8239eb"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.