Subject: bug#68395: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: erc-cmd-GMSG, erc-cmd-AMSG, erc-cmd-GME, erc-cmd-AME

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:23:10 +0100

J.P. wrote:

>>>> Patch
>>>
>>> I think debbugs wants the full "Tags: patch".
>>
>> It is there, what you cite is just what I wrote in the
>> message instead of a bug report.
>
> AFAICT, instead of a "pseudo header" [1], your bug report
> included a "real header", which Debbugs appears to
> have ignored [...]

Aha, that explains it. Debbugs should maybe look for a real
header as well, but it is always fun to learn of
a new concept, so I can do the pseudo header and "[PATCH]" in
the subject line as well in the future then.

>>> At some point, you'll need to include a commit message.
>>
>> I added a message, if not 'git commit' wouldn't have worked.
>
> As mentioned in CONTRIBUTE, "scaffolding" tools exist to
> prepopulate a COMMIT_EDITMSG buffer. And these days folks
> surely use AI tools for this purpose as well.

Maybe it is easier to just input them manually.

These tools seems to try to automate further then just asking
for data and then putting it together in a conformant way.

This syntax doesn't seem so difficult, maybe it would be even
more easy if it was described in CONTRIBUTE with a focus on
the syntax where the different parts had names instead of an
example, but after looking at it, most people will probably
get the idea.

Here is the example provided.

Deactivate shifted region

Do not silently extend a region that is not highlighted;
this can happen after a shift (Bug#19003).
* doc/emacs/mark.texi (Shift Selection): Document the change.
* lisp/window.el (handle-select-window):
* src/frame.c (Fhandle_switch_frame, Fselected_frame):
Deactivate the mark.

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal