Subject: bug#68380: gzip --rsyncable doesn't get rsync speedup

From: Alexander Piotrovski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 12:24:32 +0300

Hi!
Sorry...
Can you explain why gzip --rsyncable doesn't get rsync speedup?..

I have Proxmox hosts. And I have backups of my VMs like *.gz made with gzip
--rsyncable. And I expect some speedup when i rsync my backups to another
host. But I haven't any speedup...If i try to copy whole file by rsync i
have network speed around 50 MB/s. If i try to copy file by rsync with
--fuzzy or --inplase or to exactly given filename i have 5 MB/s and have hi
load from rsync process to CPU core so i think rsync try to use his
algorithm of delta. But speedup =1. Maybe you know what's wrong?
--
Piotrovski Alexander
System Administrator
APSTEC Systems
+372-6001665
Tallinn, Estonia
[email-masked]
www.apstecsystems.com

The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are for the use of the
intended recipient only and are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient or have otherwise received the e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this e-mail immediately and then delete it
immediately from your system. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this communication without the prior and explicit permission of the
sender is strictly prohibited.