Subject: 23.2; Carbon variant: what I pasted as last overwrites what I copied afterwards

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:34:22 +0200

Hello!

This is a strange effect which happens in a particular workflow...

In a cp437 encoded file I am creating I insert a set of words (for  
example: ALMOST EQUAL TO). I copied this text before in another  
application, UnicodeChecker Version 1.14 (47) from http://earthlingsoft.net 
, and then paste or yank it at the end of the line. Then I copy in  
this application another text (for example: E28899). This text should  
substitute another text, eight columns wide, which I therefore mark by  
dragging the mouse cursor over while I hold mouse-1 key pressed  
(actually via trackpad). When I now paste the last copied text (the  
second example) into this selection, it is not the last copied text  
but the last but one text (the first example).

When I undo this paste/yank action, then I am arrived at a situation  
when this selection of eight columns is deleted. When I repeat the  
paste/yank, again the the last but one text is inserted, not that  
which I copied before and not that which was inside these eight columns.

Is this the expected behaviour? On Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Tiger), PPC.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0  
AppKit 949.54)
  of 2010-06-11 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple Inc.', version 10.5.8
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '-- 
without-pop' '--without-gconf' '--with-mac' '--disable-ns-self- 
contained' '--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/ 
include' '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/ 
calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g -H -Wno- 
pointer-sign -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -faltivec - 
fast' 'CPPFLAGS=' 'LDFLAGS=' 'CC=gcc-4.2' 'CPP=cpp-4.2'  
'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pango-ft219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/xft2/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/ 
usr/X11/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/share/pkgconfig''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
   text-scale-mode: t
   TeX-PDF-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   desktop-save-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mac-mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> SPC <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> SPC <right>
<right> C-S-d C-S-d C-S-d <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-S-k C-S-x U <down> <down> C-S-y <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-S-y C-S-k <down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-S-k <down>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-S-k <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<backspace> 5 <down> <backspace> 4 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<backspace> 6 <down> <backspace> 5 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> 5 <down> <backspace>
6 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V C-S-x U <left> <left>
<left> <backspace> 4 <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> 0 0 B 1 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace>
2 <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> M-V <backspace> 1 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<drag-mouse-1> M-V C-S-x U M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> SPC <up> <left> SPC <right> <right> SPC <down>
<left> <right> <left> SPC <right> <right> <backspace>
1 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
0 0 F 7 C-S-e M-V C-S-x U C-S-x U C-S-e <right> <left>
M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> 7 <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> 0 0 B 0 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace>
2 <C-right> <backspace> 0 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
0 0 B 7 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> 2 <C-right>
<backspace> 7 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> 0 0 B 2 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace>
2 <C-right> <backspace> 2 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 0 0 A 0 <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <backspace> 2 <right> <escape> D A 0 <down>
<escape> < <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <escape> <backspace>
U N I X <left> <left> <left> <left> <escape> L <end>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <backspace> <backspace> 1 9 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <backspace> <backspace> 1 A <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-V <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 0 7 F <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> 2 5 A 0 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-V
C-S-x U M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> SPC <right> <right>
SPC <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-V <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-V C-S-x U <menu-bar>
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Mark set [4 times]
Undo!
Mark set [6 times]
Undo!
Mark set [5 times]
Undo! [2 times]
Mark set [14 times]
Undo!
Mark set [3 times]
Undo!

Load-path shadows:
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/solar hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/solar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/lunar hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/lunar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/holidays hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/holidays
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/diary-lib hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/diary-lib
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/calendar hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/calendar
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-x hides /usr/local/ 
share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/cal-x
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-move hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/cal-move
/Library/Application Support/Emacs/calendar24/cal-menu hides /usr/ 
local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/cal-menu

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp
ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader
canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug face-remap mule-diag
rect descr-text debug multi-isearch dired-aux latexenc preview prv-emacs
tex-buf byte-opt reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars tex-fold
noutline outline font-latex bytecomp byte-compile latex tex-style tex
info autorevert conf-mode newcomment ange-ftp tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw
tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source
gnus-util netrc time-date password-cache format-spec tramp-compat
trampver help-mode view lunar diary-lib diary-loaddefs solar cal-dst
holidays hol-loaddefs mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
ansi-color shell psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode pp elp
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util dired asy-mode edmacro kmacro two-mode-mode wid-edit compile
comint ring cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt derived tabbar easy-mmode
midnight uniquify paren time cus-start cus-load ucs-normalize desktop cl
cl-19 session delsel tex-site time-stamp advice help-fns advice-preload
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel mac-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process mac multi-tty emacs)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organization.