Subject: Re: bug#68375: 29.1; lispref documentation fixes

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 22:56:42 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  >  therefore displayed, at some time, in a window (@pxref{Windows}).  But
  > -a buffer need not be displayed in any window.  Each buffer has a
  > +a buffer needs not be displayed in any window.  Each buffer has a

Actually, the old text is more correct English usage.
"Need" is a special case, and uses the old subjunctive mood
which is mostly obsolete in English.

  > -Somewhat odd, but predictable, behavior can occur for certain
  > +A somewhat odd, but predictable, behavior can occur for certain

The old text is correct.  In thise situation we are using "behavior"
as an uncountable mass noun.

Your other changes are correct.  Thanks.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)