Subject: bug#68375: 29.1; lispref documentation fixes

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:21:08 +0100

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 14:44:35 +0100 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 12:46:34 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>> From: Xiyue Deng <[email-masked]>
>>> Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 14:56:23 -0800
>>>
>>> Please find the attached patches for a cumulation of documentation fixes
>>> for lispref up to chapter 19 that includes typos, formatting, etc.
>>> Please let me know if any changes need improvements and I'll adjust
>>> accordingly.
>>
>> Thanks.  See below.
> [...]
>>>    A string is a fixed sequence of characters.  It is a type of
>>> -sequence called a @dfn{array}, meaning that its length is fixed and
>>> +sequence called an @dfn{array}, meaning that its length is fixed and
>>
>> The "an" here is correct, since in a manual one sees "an array", which
>> is correct English.  So I didn't install this part.
>
> You misread the patch, it changes "a" to "an", which makes the text
> correct English.  I thought I'd save you some work by installing the
> patch myself, which I just did, but unfortunately to master instead of
> emacs-29 (and also forgot to add the bug number).  Should I revert it
> and install to the release branch?  Sorry for the trouble.

I went ahead and reverted the change on master and installed it on
emacs-29 (with bug number).

Steve Berman