Subject: Re: bug#68375: 29.1; lispref documentation fixes

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 14:44:35 +0100

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 12:46:34 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Xiyue Deng <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 14:56:23 -0800
>>
>> Please find the attached patches for a cumulation of documentation fixes
>> for lispref up to chapter 19 that includes typos, formatting, etc.
>> Please let me know if any changes need improvements and I'll adjust
>> accordingly.
>
> Thanks.  See below.
[...]
>>    A string is a fixed sequence of characters.  It is a type of
>> -sequence called a @dfn{array}, meaning that its length is fixed and
>> +sequence called an @dfn{array}, meaning that its length is fixed and
>
> The "an" here is correct, since in a manual one sees "an array", which
> is correct English.  So I didn't install this part.

You misread the patch, it changes "a" to "an", which makes the text
correct English.  I thought I'd save you some work by installing the
patch myself, which I just did, but unfortunately to master instead of
emacs-29 (and also forgot to add the bug number).  Should I revert it
and install to the release branch?  Sorry for the trouble.

Steve