Subject: 30.0.50; pcase eieio, map, seq, and cl-struct constructs are not described in the manual

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 12:46:26 +0000

Hello,

RMS recently pointed that `pcase' docstring describes map, seq, and
radix-tree-leaf constructs.

However, they are not documented in the 11.4.1 The ‘pcase’ macro section
of Elisp manual.

AFAIU, eieio, map, seq, cl-struct, and a number of other constructs
mentioned in the docstring are automatically added there by
`pcase-defmacro'.

I see no need to document specialized pcase constructs like
`eshell-index-range', but eieie, map, seq, and cl-struct appears to be
matching common Elisp data structures. I think that they should be
documented in the manual.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-01-07 built on localhost
Repository revision: fa559d058d4d286201f785e5248bc609865bc3b6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101009
System Description: Gentoo Linux

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>