Subject: bug#6835: 23.2; eval'ing `type-of' with #[abc] as arg gets a Fatal error (11) Segmentation fault

From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:12:48 -0400

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> wrote:
> MON KEY <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> eval'ing `type-of' with #[abc] gets me Fatal error (11) Segmentation fault
>
> This is already fixed (and has nothing to do with type-of).

Why was this bug closed?

Can you confirm you were able to reproduce the bug I reported?

If it is indeed fixed would you please indicate (at least _something_)
w/re to what the nature of the problem was/is and what was needed to
fix it.

This one caught me with a six day old Emacs session when it went down.
It would be nice to know more about the nature of the thing that left
me in a lurch.

Your pithy dismissals that :

"(and has nothing to do with type-of)."

undermine (my) confidence that it has indeed been fixed esp. as
`type-of' does consistently bring down my Emacs. If the problem is/was
elsewhere I would like to know more about how you were able to make
this determiation.

FWIW I'm happy to continue finding corner cases related to this one
and filing subsequent new reports in the absence of some explanation
slightly more verbose than the presently one provided.

> Andreas.

--
/s_P\