Subject: bug#68338: closed (Re: bug#68338: 30.0.50; Repeat mode and input methods)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 23:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#68338: 30.0.50; Repeat mode and input methods

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68338: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68338
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68338: 30.0.50; Repeat mode and input methods
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gautier Ponsinet <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 18:29:24 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I confirm the patch fixes this bug report while keeping the test case
> from bug#22958 working.  In any case this is better than hard-coding
> special-handling of universal-argument-map.

Thanks, pushing & closing,

        Stefan

Subject: 30.0.50; Repeat mode and input methods
From: Gautier Ponsinet <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 23:09:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that repeat-mode and input methods don't play well with
each other. For instance, when repeat-mode is activated and an input
method is activated in a buffer, call it bufferA, if I switch window
(other-window) into this bufferA, then the first keypress is not
translated as expected via the input method.

Precisely, here are the steps:

- Start "emacs -Q"
- Activate repeat-mode (M-x repeat-mode <RET>)
- Activate the "greek" input method (C-u C-\ greek <RET>)
- Open an other window (C-x 3)
- Call other-window (C-x o)
- Type the key "a" (which should insert a Greek alpha "α" character)
- It doesn't work: a character "a" is inserted instead of the expected
  "α".

Note that the subsequent keypresses of the key "a" correctly insert a
Greek alpha "α".

All the best,
Gautier

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.39, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-01-08 built on gautier-laptop
Repository revision: 774c8ec74c98d69d56b2511a613145f2b69fb2eb
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101010
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 37890 9329) (symbols 48 5228 0) (strings 32 13103 1374)
 (string-bytes 1 375713) (vectors 16 10408)
 (vector-slots 8 158172 7882) (floats 8 21 21) (intervals 56 227 0)
 (buffers 984 10))