Subject: bug#68338: 30.0.50; Repeat mode and input methods

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:16:40 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> For the record and AFAIU, it seems that having an input method results
>> in having a translation keymap (see "quail.el").  And OTOH, repeat-mode
>> sets a transient keymap (see 'set-transient-map' from "subr.el").  So
>> maybe there is something going on here?
>
> Here is the simplest test case without repeat-mode:
>
> (progn
>   (set-transient-map (define-keymap "o" #'other-window))
>   (other-window 1))

Thanks.  It seems that your example works if the call to 'other-window'
sends you in a window with a « special » input method.

So it confirms that the bug is between transient keymap and translation
keymap, no?
-- 
Manuel Giraud