Subject: [bug#68321] Request for merging "lisp-team" branch

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 14:10:17 +0000

"Paul A. Patience" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Monday, January 8th, 2024 at 1:12 PM, Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I have [email-masked] from the lisp-team branch failing to build on
>> powerpc64le and succeeding on aarch64-linux.
>>
>> riscv64-linux failed for me too:
>
> I don't have a ppc64le machine, and I don't know about riscv64,
> but SBCL 2.4.0 needs a patch to build on ppc64 [1].
>
> [1]: https://github.com/sbcl/sbcl/commit/255f3ead060129aa097b62f10d054cdc4997a431

I adapted the patch from upstream and added it to the lisp-team branch.

I tried testing the build with "guix build -s powerpc46le-linux sbcl"
on my x86-64 machine, but it failed indicating that the clisp used to
boostrap sbcl isn't working properly. I don't know if the problem comes
from qemu or if clisp is really broken on powerpc64le.
Efraim, could you check on your powerpc64le machine?

I also tried "guix build -s riscv64-linux sbcl", but it didn't work,
because some dependencies fail to build (like gnutls).