Subject: Re: bug#68320: 30.0.50; filename completion with tramp fails on Windows

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 16:16:24 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>>> 1. Start Emacs that is placed in D: drive.
>>> 2. Evaluate (require 'tramp) to load tramp.el.
>>> 3. Type C-x C-f c : / TAB TAB
>>
>> I can reproduce this by starting Emacs placed in an H: drive and then
>> attempting to complete starting from C-x C-f c:/p <TAB> which should
>> offer me a folder called "projects" however the completion candidates
>> appear to be from my HOME directory (set by Environment Variable
>> before starting Emacs).
>
> FTR, I can also reproduce the problem. Will check next days whether I
> could fix the problem. (Testing on MS Windows is always a burden to me.)

I've fixed this in the master branch. Could you, pls, give it some
testing. Since I don't use MS Windows regularly, I could try only some
few tests.

Best regards, Michael.