Subject: [bug#68309] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add powertop-service-type.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:15:44 +0100

Hey,

Thanks for the v2!

> +The @code{(gnu services pm)} module provides a Guix service definition
> +for PowerTOP.  When started, it tunes kernel settings to reduce power
> +consumption.

I have this error when building the documentation:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix.texi:34841: `@end' expected `lisp', but saw `defvar'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> +
> +
> +

Kill that extra line

> +;;;
> +;;; powertop
> +;;;
> +;;; Calls `powertop --auto-tune' to reduce energy consumption.
> +
> +

That one too.

> +   (description "Tune power-related kernel parameters to reduce energy consumption.")))

Wrap it to be under 78 characters.

Thanks,

Mathieu