Subject: bug#6830: widget-complete bad completions in :type 'file

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 13:48:34 -0400

Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]> writes:

> I get bad completion alternatives in Custom for a field of type
> "file". It looks like it takes the files in the current directory and
> disregards the contents of the field.
>
> To see it start from "emacs -Q" and evaluate
>
> (defcustom pause-later-file "~/.emacs-pause-later"
>   "File for storing pauses to do later."
>   :type 'file
>   :group 'pause-yoga)
>
> Then do "M-x customize-option" to customize it. Go to the file field,
> enter some text and do "M-x widget-complete" (the only way to complete
> it in an unpatched Emacs on w32).

I can't reproduce any problem.  Your description is too vague; you do
not explain what "some text" is, or what happens, or why you think it is
a bug.

Please, provide a proper bug report (this is not the first time you've
been asked this).