Subject: anubis-4.3 released [stable]

From: "Sergey Poznyakoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2024 13:12:55 +0100

Hello,

This is to inform you that GNU anubis version 4.3 is available for download.
This is a maintenance release, introducing several new features.  See the end
of this message for a list of important changes.

Here are the compressed sources:

  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/anubis/anubis-4.3.tar.gz                  1.2M
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/anubis/anubis-4.3.tar.bz2                 890K

Here are the GPG detached signatures:

  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/anubis/anubis-4.3.tar.gz.sig
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/anubis/anubis-4.3.tar.bz2.sig

Here are the checksums:

MD5
---
bc80b9045b3c8f3b1d6798200cd81586  anubis-4.3.tar.gz
32dc9adf1d0daa54bff70f10b4e289b5  anubis-4.3.tar.bz2

SHA1
----
24aa5b8b5f87101f49b50550d263f654ae496404  anubis-4.3.tar.gz
9515d346c88a51e6718ca7fb1349e93e9c18ce19  anubis-4.3.tar.bz2

SHA256
------
ff0af3337c462218e5ee244c7ef90188af9efdf095bc05b6333401cf9882af2c  anubis-4.3.tar.gz
098abec96097527be1857e4b8b5b5b4b7e58a8458f58ce2cb732f024df6e9ef5  anubis-4.3.tar.bz2

Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact.  First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball.  Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify anubis-4.3.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
try the following command to retrieve it, and then rerun the 'gpg
--verify' command.

  gpg --recv-keys 3602B07F55D0C732

As a last resort to find the key, you can try the official GNU
keyring:

  wget -q https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-keyring.gpg
  gpg --keyring gnu-keyring.gpg --verify anubis-4.3.tar.gz.sig

Noteworthy changes in this release:

* Fix compilation with new GDBM versions

* Support for Guile version 2.2.0 and later

* anubisusr requires GnuTLS

* New configuration statement: use-pam

Used in CONTROL section, this boolean statement enables or disables the
use of the Pluggable Authentication Module interface for accounting and
session management.

* New configuration statement: identd-keyfile

Sets the name of the file with shared keys used for decryting replies
from the auth service.  It is used in traditional mode if anubis receives
an encrypted response from the client's identd server.

* Bugfixes

Best regards,
Sergey