Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Upgrading Shepherd and moving the Hurd to 0.10.x

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 11:59:28 +0100

Hello Guix!

With the upcoming Shepherd 0.10.3, which I plan to publish in the
coming days, I’d like to make these changes: switching the Hurd to
0.10.x (instead of 0.8.x!) since it’s now functional, which in turn
allows us to use the 0.10.x interfaces (GOOPS-less; this is a step
before the Shepherd 1.0, which will not support the GOOPS interface
at all¹).

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

¹ https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-04/msg00059.html

Ludovic Courtès (7):
  services: openssh: Add dependency on ‘networking’.
  tests: childhurd: Increase SSH connection timeout.
  DRAFT gnu: shepherd: Update to 0.10.3.
  system: hurd: Use the Shepherd 0.10.x.
  services: shepherd: Use the 0.10.x GOOPS-less interface.
  home: services: shepherd: Use the 0.10.x interface.
  services: bitlbee: Use ‘make-inetd-constructor’ unconditionally.

 gnu/home/services/shepherd.scm | 12 +++-----
 gnu/packages/admin.scm         |  6 ++--
 gnu/services/messaging.scm     | 51 ++++++++++++----------------------
 gnu/services/shepherd.scm      | 30 +++++++-------------
 gnu/services/ssh.scm           |  7 +++--
 gnu/system.scm                 |  4 +--
 gnu/system/hurd.scm            |  4 +--
 gnu/tests/virtualization.scm   |  3 +-
 8 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)

base-commit: 30bd86e0853ebef9f7e32315d00f67caa1880ef3
-- 
2.41.0