Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] Upgrading Shepherd and moving the Hurd to 0.10.x

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 18:59:33 +0100

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hey!

> With the upcoming Shepherd 0.10.3, which I plan to publish in the
> coming days, I’d like to make these changes: switching the Hurd to
> 0.10.x (instead of 0.8.x!) since it’s now functional,

Yay!  I had trouble building (running the test suite of?) fibers before
on the Hurd, IIRC.

I haven't re-checked this, so we might have to check this or disable
(some) tests to allow native builds.  Really just wildly guessing here.

> which in turn allows us to use the 0.10.x interfaces (GOOPS-less; this
> is a step before the Shepherd 1.0, which will not support the GOOPS
> interface at all¹).
>
> Thoughts?

Hmm, I've built a bare-hurd.tmpl but ssh doesn't start for me (see log).

A line similar to

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/gnu/store/3lqwp154zlj79ndm92ay9g0hwvjsf3m9-sshd_config line 13: Unsupported option UsePAM
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

that used to appear second-last is now missing (see log).

(I've tried reverting 1/7 but that doesn't work)

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com