Subject: [bug#68250] bug#67814: [PATCH 0/3] gnu: mpv: Update to 0.37.0.

From: Hilton Chain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 13:09:17 +0800

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:33:41 +0800,
Andrew Tropin wrote:
>
> Hi Hilton!
>
> It seem the mpv update breaks mpv-mpris build.  I didn't dive into
> issue yet, only tried to revert this patch.

It's because mpv's pkgconfig file (for libmpv) now includes all its
dependencies in Requires.private.  Sorry that I didn't check all the
dependent packages.

Josselin has sent bug#68044, which adds mpv's inputs to mpv-mpris.

However there're actually other packages depend on libmpv, so I think
the proper fix is to split libmpv from the mpv package and propagate
inputs in a new package (as mpv users are likely to include mpv in
their profiles, thus these propagated inputs are usually unwanted).

I tried to add a "lib" output for mpv first but there would be cycles.
As a result, I disabled libmpv in mpv, added a libmpv package which
inherits from mpv, and sent it to bug#68250.

Thanks