Subject: Re: bug#68244: hash-table improvements

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 20:20:57 +0000

On Fri 19 Jan 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 20:29:52 +0000
>> 
>> On Thu 18 Jan 2024, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
>> 
>> > I still don't know what problems you observed but have now committed fixes for
>> > two other assertion failures to master, ef01250e and e7a6ce84. Andy, did they
>> > help?
>> 
>> I am begining to suspect a toolchain problem, as I see backtraces when
>> bootstrapping emacs-28 and emacs-29 native (.eln) builds, but not when
>> bootstrapping a non-native (.elc) build.
>
> Do the backtraces follow an assertion violation?  Or are those crashes
> (as opposed to aborts)?
>
> Can you show a couple of examples, please?

I can no longer reproduce the problems on master or on emacs-29 with
ENABLE_CHECKING.

I still get a few backtraces repeatably when bootstrapping a native
build on the emacs-28 branch, but I suspect that is not of much interest
any more.

    AndyM