Subject: bug#68243: alacritty segmentation fault

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 14:52:59 +0200

On Thu, Jan 04, 2024 at 03:32:55PM +0000, Steven Roose wrote:
> I've been using alacritty as my default terminal for about a year without
> much issues. I'm currently on v0.12.3 of alacritty and use it with i3 and
> Xorg. A month or two ago I noticed that upgrading GuixSD broke alacritty.
> Since it's my main terminal and I didn't have any other terminals installed,
> I was forced to rollback my system through GRUB because I couldn't literally
> not even open a terminal to investigate or roll-back by CLI. I was trying
> another system upgrade now and noticed the issue is still not fixed. When
> running alacritty from an already-open alacritty only shows me "segmentation
> fault". The working and broken version is both 0.12.3, so I think it might
> not be an alacritty issue but more a linking/build issue. I'm basically
> stuck on a months-old Guix until this is fixed.
> 
> If there is any way I can be of use by providing debug/log files of some
> kind, please let me know.

Looking at 'alacritty --help' it looks like you can try adding -v (up to
3) to get a more verbose output so hopefully we get more of an error
message.

Which generation are you on that is working for you? Which one do you
know is segfaulting? I'd like to try to narrow it down.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted